Sunday, May 4, 2008

Long flight?

For those of you who do not know where Turkmenistan is, it's west of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, north of Iran and Afghanistan, and south of Russia and Kazakhstan.

On May 14, I take off to travel from Minneapolis to Chicago to Frankfurt to Baku to Ashgabat. I'm pretty sure that it is more than twenty-four hours before I land in Ashgabat. I am currently trying to figure out how to fit everything into one bag so I retain one bag for souvenirs. Don't know if it's actually going to work. Currently the pile of stuff that I am planning on packing looks far larger than the bag it's supposed to go in.

I'm torn between terror and excitement as I get ready to leave. Excitement is winning right now. We'll see what happens. I still have a roadtrip to Minnesota and the flight ahead of me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

how are you doing?! are you all settled in? are you still human after that day-o-travel?

post woman! miss you!